Friday, January 7, 2011

New CD from JB.

I am almost positive now that I have an unbreakable addiction to buying music, especially at JB Hi-Fi. Today's purchase was "Wooden Arms" by Patrick Watson, and it definitely wasn't what I expected. You have heard Patrick on that old "Schweppervescence" ad shot in slow motion, and more recently in a "Packed to the rafters" episode promo. His unique style may take some getting used to, and this album is definitely going to take me a while to adjust. The instrumental in this are fantastic, slightly overboard in some tracks but still fantastic. His unique vocal style force you to focus on the lyricism and vocal dynamics, he's a little bit like Matt Corby mixed with Jeff Buckley. All in all I'm still not too sure what to think of this album, it manages to be both pompous and elegant and I wish it would just settle for one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment