Thursday, January 27, 2011

Suburban living.

Apologies for my inadequate number of posts of late, I'd like to say it's because I've been so busy...but it's not. It's really just getting back into the rudiments of 9-5 living in suburbia; after coming off a week of unexplainable events and amazing people every thing seems so monotonous. Feels a little bit like watching the sunrise in black and white, you know it's the same event but it's missing the warmth and depth that it had in the beginning. I've been having some interesting trains of thought lately, so they may possibly manifest into something worthy to present to the internet.

For example, Monday saw me venture back into school to get a lift; It was the first time I'd been in there since graduation and it was the first day back for many students. I was surprised at how uneasy I felt about being there, it all felt so wrong. I got the overwhelming sense that I no longer belonged in the space, that I was isolated there. I'm still struggling to understand why, as in my head, the thought of going back to visit my school sounds like a great idea.

It's not that I don't have friends there, or that I wasn't in a uniform like everyone else, all I can put it down to is my desire to grow up. However this conflicts with my desire to stay young, see what I'm dealing with now? In this twisted head space of mine there must be some sort of workable medium to which logic still exists, still the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment